We offer the Survival Apnea course, which has been specially designed by leading big wave surfers and freedivers. It is a one-day course, which will give the student a deeper understanding of what the human body and mind go through when underwater on a single breath. In addition, you will be exposed to simple and effective exercises and training methods that, over time, will deliver physical and mental adaptations, helping you to overcome “Intense Situations” with more ease.
- 1 Theory session
- 1 Breathing session
- 1 Open Water session
- 1 Pool session
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Basic Breathing Techniques Development
- Confined Water Rescue and Buddy Supervision Techniques
- Freediving Specific Equipment
- Physics in Freediving
- Open Water Freediving Technique Development
- Open Water Rescue Skills, Buddy Supervision and Self Evaluation
DURATION: 5-6 hours
PRICE: 120€ Material included
- Be at least 18 years (or 12 with parental consent).
- Know how to swim.
- Medical certificate with less than two years, indicating you “do not have medical contraindications for freediving”.
- Includes: freediving equipment, insurance during the course.
- DAY 1: Starting at about 9.30am with theory about physiology and mechanic of breathing. Breathe-up techniques and about different training methods applicable to both confined and open water training and dry training. We follow with a static breath-hold session and debriefing. After the lunch break we do the first open water session, working mainly on freediving for surfer.